With the help of my kit of data science tools, I got some insight on Billboard songs. The most popular song of 2020 was Post Malone’s song, Circles, which maintained being on the Hot 100 for over 52 weeks (It has been on a hot streak since before 2020).
Some of my favorites of the top songs of 2020 are:
- ‘Circles’ by Post Malone at 52 weeks
- ‘Blinding Lights’ by The Weeknd at 50 weeks
- ‘Someone You Loved’ by Lewis Capaldi at 50 weeks
- ‘I Hope’ by Gabby Barrett at 50 weeks
- ‘Adore You’ by Harry Styles at 49 weeks
- ‘Don’t Start Now’ by Dua Lipa at 46 weeks
Certain songs have been trending on the Billboards even before 2020 started. From the top 10 list, songs that exceeded Billboard placement include:
- ‘Circles’ by Post Malone
- ‘Blinding Lights’ by The Weeknd
- ‘Someone You Loved’ by Lewis Capaldi
- ‘Don’t Start Now’ by Dua Lipa
It is safe to say that the continual trend of hip-hop and r&b is still very relevant as charts all over the world incorporate more Black culture into their own cultures.